The other day, we were browsing for easy recipes. We wanted something simple, easy to put together, healthy – if possible 😉 – and found this recipe we had to try right away! We changed it a little bit to fit our taste but you can see the original recipe from My Kitchen Love here. That’s the great thing about cooking: you can change ingredients, play around, be creative and (still) end up with a delicious meal.
Yields 4 servings
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small onion, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
500 grams sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
500 grams ground beef
1 can (300 g) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (280 g) corn
1 avocado, sliced
(Optional: handful cherry tomatoes, halved OR 2 large tomatoes chopped, sour cream, lime slices, jalapeños, sliced green onion, chopped cilantro leaves, etc. We used lime juice instead of a dressing. Delish!)
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- In a small bowl mix together chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic and onion.
- Toss sweet potatoes pieces with vegetable oil and half the seasoning mixture from the small bowl (about 2 tablespoons). Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook beef over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes until cooked through. If necessary, drain any large quantities of fat from the pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon. Add beans and remaining seasoning mixture from the small bowl. Toss to fully coat beans and beef with seasoning. Continue to cook until beans are heated through.
- To serve either place all ingredients in separate dishes or make individual bowls.
- Serve with any desired optional garnishes.
– J. & H.